Seemingly, yoga is not for everyone, although that statement can be challenged. Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to be ultra flexible or incredibly fit to take part in the practice. Yoga is not about how much one can contort their body, it is about breath to movement, and finding positions which suit your abilities and make you feel good. Given that we store negative energy throughout various points in our body, it is important to release that tension, thus releasing that which makes us stressed and unhappy. You also do not need to dedicate an hour a day to practice. Studies show that yoga, when practiced for 12 minutes daily, can have unbelievably positive effects on your mind and body. It is recommended to incorporate yoga into the first minutes of being awake, before you have had any caffeine or other stimulants (internet). Findagym.ca is offering to guide you through the benefits of practicing yoga in the morning, especially on Saturday’s and Sunday’s, when your schedule may differ a bit from the rest of the week.
- Focus on the day ahead. Your focus on your yoga practice will continue throughout the day by clearing the mind and energizing the body.
- Energy! Your energy levels will increase because of the movement, which will cause your body to take in more oxygen. More oxygen levels in your blood equals more energy throughout the day.
- Stress reduction. Practicing yoga has scientifically been proven to decrease stress levels. Your focus on breath to movement, and opening of hips, diaphragm, chest and shoulders will allow a release of any negativity.
- Allows you to indulge. While practicing in the morning, you activate your metabolism and digestive system, and also burn calories. So if you are dreaming of that croissant or bagel, here is your justification.
- Tone the bod. Daily practice will tone you by creating muscle memory and you will quickly see a definition in your arms, core and legs.
You can practice anywhere, but also look out for gyms affiliated with Findagym.ca throughout Montreal, Quebec, Toronto and Ontario, that offer early morning classes for that extra motivation!